Sunday, July 3, 2022

Nemesis ~ Sunday, July 3, 2022

Is there anything in this life worth living for
sacrifice is not an option, the point is time

thieves the best decades with stupidity and growth
hitch on negligence, violence and so much more
each celebration, an inane gesture of hope
ridiculous faith in blind corners, it's your dime
even a phone booth for Superman makes me loath

as I must admit high crimes and misdemeanors
nothing grandiose but at the end of my rope
yes, I may ask you why I could never be free
the land of the free made me prisoner of work
how I must escape exile from reality
if you don't get it, dear reader, a soda jerk
not only looked back to catch my eyes, the cleaners
guaranteed to hang dirty laundry out to dry

initiated charges to press against me
nothing more than lies and calumny, or slander

to wring out the truth, a recipe for stir fry
how woke is a wok, only the chef feels the heat
if I ask again, why am I in this city
still not another, to whom must I now pander

left to suck and fuck like a prostitute, my pimp
is God Almighty, blasphemy you say, get beat
for the dog from Hell, or Hades, Cerberus barks
each of his three heads, gnashing and growling, I dare

worry that he is underfed, my dead soul sparks
obvious debate, but I'm still alive, oh Claire
remember Japan, konnichi wa, left me limp
treasure our friendship, a moment lost, the wind blows
how my eyes rolled back, you watched, you mischievous minx

living is dying slowly like the little death
if the French were right, we wait while the river flows
vindicated, cleared and set free where I reside
in a prison cell, solitary, sings the jynx
nothing but this hell, I pet Cerberus, the breadth
given for a tank at Tiananmen Square, bet

forget the future, the ghost of the clam is bride
or groom, transgender, since three years old, I died, fact
remember brother, as you burn in Hell, no sweat

No comments: