Wednesday, January 10, 2024

Σῆρες ~ Wednesday, January 10, 2023

Σῆρες

I just want to die but for some reason

juvenescence keeps alive bodies of the young at heart
underhanded rogues guide the ship to port
still the role I play engaged in treason
triumphs even over death, this metaphysical strife

wastes the will to live with struggle, an art
agents of the dark conceal outside court
no one but daimonion, the ferryman of lost souls
takes the time to stab, goading with a knife

to make sense of pain and perceived torture
obey all the given rules, unspoken and unwritten

death, after this life, in want of future
intrigues, uncertain, curtains fall, kitten
even if I could just cry but this lacks sense, attain goals

bittersweet chocolate, I drink with black milk
until I escape this life where I dwell
taken away from my home, inside this prison and work

for some how easy, they wear Chinese silk
obey since childhood the rules and the law
rote actions done right in mind arise no question of hell

success comes easy, work they do not shirk
obviously, lives lived with no mistakes
money, capital, riches, a perfect world without flaw
entitled privilege, property, control

rest in other's hands, thus, my punishment
even my made-up status, as a scapegoat, takes its toll
ask me if I care, for why was I sent
so far from my home, is this just the breaks
over and over, I die, in this life, I cannot cry
nothing left old man, now why even try

No comments: