Saturday, July 13, 2024

Summertime ~ Saturday, July 13, 2024

Anticipation, silently, I buzz
slinky as a little black dress, I bless

the ground beneath her mythic feet, I flee
how to escape a rape, a snake, I push
each apiarist far away, I seek

passion, the afterlife, poet, I guess
robes flowing to the marble floors, I see
only flies on the walls, summer, I die
visions of justice wronged, such breadth, I creak
each floorboard bends, a shade, such weight, I smoke
restless dust in the Underworld, I work
bitter memories into ash, I woke
in death to loveless emptiness, I twerk
at the nightclub, or a strip club, I cry
lonely as the other, my wife, I find

forgotten by the birds, sparrows, I hear
lingering in bushes, chatter, I break
into song, the women listen, I grind
each lens into ashes and dust, I want
selfish thoughts to disappear, soon, I fear

orbits of gravity escape, I stake
nothing but, yes, my loneliness, I trail

through tomato gardens, hopeless, I ask
humanity to remember, I fail
each day to uncover fortune, I mask

wealth in a magical disguise, I haunt
aspects of this world, ignorant, I shine
limber as a leaf, green as spring, I dream
language reaches the dead, absurd, I cream
slimy walls, maggots and pus, splat, I pine

No comments: