Thursday, May 23, 2024

Behind Closed Doors ~ Thursday, May 23, 2024

What do you think this is? Kindergarten?
hopeful for show and tell? Bloody morons!
as if I could care more, couldn't care less
the days of pre-school are over, Martin

did you expect us to be friends for life?
oh you are pathetic creatures, as pawns

yet, lovably naive, work them to death
of course, we have your retirement fund
understand, we will cut you with a knife

take for instance, your wedding cake, slice, slice
how did you imagine we could be friends?
if in a hundred trillion years, the ice
nervously foretells what it thus portends
kindness costs nothing, much less than a pound

take a moment to reflect on the pain
how suffering, there is nothing to gain
in this world, people hurt each other bad
sensitive, since I was a child, vomit

in the car, on Terence, motion sickness
since he deserved what he got, never sad

Kin, not worth my time, family but a joke
in this life, I have been tortured, I spit
not in the wind but the face of God, guess
diminishing returns surface in trade
each investment offers a sum less broke
returns from neglect, like omissions find
grievances grow up to revolution
arguments for poverty are not blind
remember, I see all the pollution
talk like this I do not condone, the spade
ever present for Seamus with his pen
no I am not him, nor am I not zen

No comments: