Friday, June 7, 2024

Fire! ~ Friday, June 7, 2024

Am I a poet if I don't publish
maybe I care more about the dead wood

I see all the trees in the used bookstore

as a person who thinks too much, rubbish

placed on the shelves never purchased or read
objects to ethics and the phrase, I should
eat all the trees in the rainforest, bore
that I am, I will never go abroad

if they bulldoze the habitat, they said
for the betterment of mankind, a joke

I don't care to see these words in a book

decidedly lazy, I know, and always broke
or late for work, I'm jaded, take a look
not at the trees but the forest, the sod
that chooses to destroy is not Shiva

personified like Krishna as Vishnu
understanding the cosmos, a Hindu
burns his wife with acid, such a diva
let bygones be bygones, move on and weep
if there is no natural habitat
shove all the money in a mattress that
helps your stiff back as you try to sleep

No comments: