Sunday, November 26, 2023

Rotten Eggs ~ Sunday, November 26, 2023

There was a moment
how I felt a wince of guilt
even though a smile
really crooked, bent
emerged on my spiteful face

when I learned, I built
a reserve, a mile
surprisingly deep, a trench

as for such a space

mostly for the hate
obsolete in this new age
my bad, I felt need
even at this stage
not to bottle what I bleed
this fate, my workbench

how I seek revenge
old emotions, without love
when I heard, the child

I knew, my challenge

from her stomping on my head
eggs, I felt a shove
little girls gone wild
to say, she lost both her legs

as gangrene, she said

when her mother spoke
if diabetic coma
never such words broke
caused the air to 'fa'
each note sung broke rotten eggs

old man, not worth salt
for now, by default

given, karma is a bitch
under the old guard
ignorance, a stitch,
looped in time, saves lives, lies hard
to accept, my fault

even if I paint
vengeance, in blood, on the wall
even though, we know
nemesis, a faint

thoughtless idea of the Greeks
how could a girl fall
oblige me to blow
undue dust into the pan
given the horde speaks
horrid lies, to see

as beyond all idle talk

stories give us glee
make-believe to squawk
if awkward, brown sparrows scan
life as pointless words
eggs blame little birds

No comments: