Monday, December 25, 2023

Idiots ~ Monday, December 25, 2023

ESTRAGON.  Les gens sont des cons.

Born into the family, an alcoholic dad, an enabler mom

left with the torturers, my brother, my cousin, and their schadenfreude

on good days, all alone, I prayed to understand their laughter and my tears

on bad days, drunken rage, a cheetah in a cage, eat your food, nom nom nom

different than all the rest, smart, bright, loving and sweet, crush the gift, crush it now

yet, I survived childhood, unlike others who died, I wish I were but no

if I entertain you, to the Devil, read on, I became an adult

gave up on all my dreams, went to school, went to work, sought out the exploiter

no one can understand why another suffers, to exploit other's fears

organized religion, people believe in myths, sacrifice as a cult

rapture, the afterlife, I believe in each kiss, tipping the sacred cow

art within poetry, decades to fabricate, but what do people know

nothing but their own lies, afraid of life and death, people are idiots

that after fifty years, thirty years of meetings, therapy and what not

asinine, donkey ears, I hear the arguments, I fly by all those nets

perhaps I lack success, I failed to kick a goal, I'm no Odysseus

ever not to return, unlike the Greek hero, I am but sold and bought

since my birth in Bombay, this life has been absurd, karma places her bets

No comments: