Wednesday, January 24, 2024

Lacrimosa ~ Wednesday, January 24, 2024

God, where did I leave my keys, I believe
oblivion lived on dreams, reams of paper tigers, streams
drain to the ocean with no emotion

where, my upper sleeve, in order to grieve
help me cry a thousand tears, one a day, less than three years
even if the seams in my jeans break, teams
repair the notion of torn, a potion
even Anya wouldn't drink, Wonderland, boy, did it stink

did I make your ears burn, God, all the fears
in the world, I pray away, yesterday
did you imagine my lack of faith was real, just a craic

I forgot today was Wednesday, they say

limits turn you back, don't forget the smack
even if the ballpoint ink runs dry, my tongue licks the pink
artichoke of hope, feathers, just a trope
visions of black plums, stuck between my gums
even if Emily met Anya, your death is my debt

murdered yourself, dope, in the dark, I grope
yet, I cannot feel memories, I steal

kisses, you, when the time comes, in your coffin, goodbye, chums
even your lips, [beat], bet the world you forget
yesterday, you died but I had not cried
still, on my dad's reel-to-reel player, I listened to peel

I tasted your juice, fresh-squeezed orange, truce

belligerence ends, seek lasting peace, friends
even Anya shows the deuce, fingers not meant to seduce
lip service, she sends a message, defends
inside, open, pried, her grave, how I tried
ego aside, screams stifled, off the beams
visions, what do they achieve, sorrow cannot but deceive
even your death seems empty in extremes

No comments: