Wednesday, April 3, 2024

Daedalus (Δαίδαλος) ~ Wednesday, April 3, 2024

Bollocks! The dog's bollocks! No! I won't go!

Okay! Just don't backhand [...] My bloody lip!

Lip service. Sycophants. That's all you want.

Let me go where I want. Now that I know.

Old father, old artificer, take flight.

Collaborator. Sail south on a ship.

Kiss hypocrisy on those lips, so gaunt.

Suck-ups fawn for your Rolex watch. I'm gone.

This life is yours. Alcoholic. Take fright.

How I never needed this shit. So dumb.

Even this land of milk and honey. Lame.

Difficult to face. Poverty and scum.

Old poor people, starve from hunger. The shame.

Get a move on. Get rich. Work hard. Green lawn.

Sorrow and suffering. You brought me here.

But I chose Chicago. This hell. They smell.

On the CTA trains. Asleep. Full length.

Let me leave this purgatory. A tear.

Let a single tear fall. This city hates.

Only I love Chicago. Shed my shell.

Cast off this molted skin. Snakes without strength.

Kith and kin, Blind Kevin Young sings the blues.

Sexy at sixty-six. Goddesses. Fates.

Never did you know your own son. Who cares.

Only your dad died when you were young. Sad.

I'm not here to find out why no one shares.

Welcome to poverty and lies. Not bad!

Only geese squawk. Seagulls attack. The screws.

Nothing left but to die. How can I leave.

Take an Amtrak to Texas. The border.

Get rid of all the books. Such a hoarder.

Old father, old artificer. I grieve.

No comments: