Thursday, September 20, 2018

Hollow ~ Thursday, 20 September 2018

From within a dark cave, I wait for them to come.
Reason states I should leave but my guts tell me stay.
Only the shadows keep me warm with company.
Monsters inside my head cast shadows on the wall.

Walls weep beside old pews broken to provide fire.
Inside this mountain crypt I hide amongst the bones.
These deceased priests pretend to know what is holy.
Humans imagine God to witness the divine.
Inside my damp grotto I live amongst dead souls.
Nobody knows desire like lustful hungry ghosts.

Ancient as the mountain, the church misty with tears.

Down the walls spring water filters into a stream.
At least I get to drink the cleanest of waters.
Religion as above plays no part in my life.
Kissed by atheist fools before bed as a child.

Children need religion like the holes in their shoes.
Adults entertain thoughts of the divinity. 
Very few people know the meaning of their lives.
Even the priests above work hard to know of God.

I sit inside the cave and meditate on death.

Waiting to figure out the real meaning of life.
As I appear to priests as an old Buddhist monk.
Indeed I once studied the tao beyond all thought.
Taoism and zazen were my two companions.

Forget about all that, once I met the angels.
Only just like mermaids but with huge wings instead.
Reason provides answers to such clear deceptions.

Tragically I wait here for them to flutter down.
However beautiful in appearance they weep.
Elegant in their gowns, Greek goddesses from myth.
Mythology informed my childhood of false truths.

Time measures my grey beard a foot every two years.
Only I have no way to measure its full length.

Creatures divine appear in a field of bright light.
Only through these beauties do I know the meaning.
Meaning comes slowly so not to confuse the mind.
Even after I die, I will rest in this cave.

No comments: